Skip to main content

Ways to Achieve the Perfect V-Line in Seoul, South Korea

Hi y'all! What a dreary Friday afternoon here in Seoul. It's drizzly, cloudy, and hazy - just about everything depressing you could expect from the weather. While I would give anything to be at home under the covers in my pajamas, napping and watching pirated movies all day, I am instead sitting at my office desk in deep thought, wondering what other tips I could share with you lovely people out there on how to maintain beautiful skin.



In Korea, the V-line, or egg-shaped face, is considered a necessity for a beautiful face. Facial shape is taken quite seriously here - we like our slim, pointed chins. Developed square jaws are a major no-no and just not attractive to Koreans. The obsession with the term "V-line" is actual fairly recent, according to my memory. I think it really started to become a thing after it came out in some TV commercial about a drink that was supposed to be good for getting slimmer. Anyway, I remember when I was a student, the chin roller was introduced and became quite popular. Click here to see what I'm talking about! I have no idea whether it was effective at all, but everyone one was using it to make their faces slimmer, and I must admit I've also tried one out myself, under peer pressure.

Now, there are a few ways to go about this craze over the V-line. One very drastic way is to have jaw reduction surgery at a plastic surgery clinic ... which makes me cringe from just imagining the pain and suffering one must go through for that! Another is to be happy with the face shape you have and not give a rat's fart about what is "considered" beautiful. This is ideally the correct and most reasonable option. However, we human beings are naturally drawn toward aesthetically pleasing things. We like to look pretty and look good. And if you knew that there were simple and affordable procedures out there that could subtly help you achieve attractiveness, wouldn't you go for it? Plus, your facial/body features could also be a source of distress if it gives off a bad impression, or if it makes you look older or tired.

Dermatology clinics such as Renewme can provide safe yet effective solutions that are not as harsh/risky as plastic surgery. All done in simple injections, here are a few options you might want to consider:

1. Contouring Injection


Contouring injections can dissolve excess fat in targeted areas and naturally slim down the face. It is recommended for double chins, lumpy skin that lacks elasticity, and anyone with a lot of fat on their faces. Results are best with multiple injection sessions rather than just one. 

2. Filler
You might think, "fillers add volume, so they can't make you look slimmer!" On the contrary, fillers can create the facial shape that you're looking for. Chin fillers can make your face more heart-shaped and make that V-line everyone wants so bad.



The third one is actually the director of our Dongdaenun branch, Dr. Kim Jung Geun! Read his testimonial by clicking here.

3. Botox
Though botox injections are normally done to prevent wrinkles, it can actually serve far many more purposes. Hmm... I should actually write a whole blog post about that later. Anyway, if you have a square jaw you'd like to get rid of (only in Korea, right?), you first need to figure out what makes your jaw square in the first place. A dermatologist consultation will do just that for you. If the cause of your square jaw is your jawbone, you would need to get plastic surgery done. If it's fat, a contouring injection will do. If it's muscle, a botox injection does the trick by paralyzing the muscles around the area, making it deteriorate over time. Effects last for a few months so you'd need a retouch, but the results are generally quite satisfactory.


A combination of all three, and it is not so difficult to create the facial shape you want. Perks of living in today's generation, don't you think? Now you can look like a K-pop star with just a few simple injections! :D
Filler and botox injections are available in different brands and according prices. Contact Renewme Skin Clinic today for a consultation, to determine which the best option is for you!

Website: www.rnmeskin.net
Phone number: +82-2-588-7525
Email: renewmeview@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rnmeskin (please 'like' us for updates!)
Line: skin0075
Kakao Talk: renewmeskin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiesse, Fill in the Essentials for Your Skin

What is Radiesse?

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy Available in Korea - Renewme Skin Clinic

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy is available in all Korean branches at Renewme Skin Clinic! IBEX Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber which reach to 2.0 pressure is available at all branches. We have branches near Myeongdong(Dongdaemun branch), Gangman(Seocho branch), and Jamsil branch in Seoul and Seomyeon branch in Busan. HBOT is available for both patients who get treatment for skin and patients who just want to get HBOT. How does HBOT work? Who are the best candiated for HBOT? We especially recommend Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment to people who..  people who are recovering from surgery - HBOT is very effective to decrease the swelling caused by surgery and help faster recovery people who want faster recovery from skin clinic procedure that has long downtime people who want anti-aging effect Is HBOT covered by insurance in Korea? Some diseases are covered by insurance, some are not covered by insurance. To check the exact information, we recommend to check with the insurance company. These are the...

Mini-Liposuction Blog Post by Dr. Ko Na Young

Here is a blog post written by Hwagok branch head dermatologist Dr. Ko Na Young. The original post, written in Korean, can be read by clicking here . Ever since I was young, I was always concerned about the extra fat in my thighs. My calves were not so bad after I started to work out in my twenties. My thighs, on the other hand, would not budge no matter how hard I exercised. All of the clothes I bought had to fit my thighs more than any other area, and I couldn't wear pencil skirts because they would feel so uncomfortably tight, so I had to stick to flared skirts. Then, about 5-6 years ago, I extracted some fat from my thighs for a fat grafting procedure. Since then I have seen some size reduction that has been maintained until now. I didn't remove a tremendous amount of fat like traditional liposuction (over 2000 cc) - it was just about 150-200 cc from both thighs, but it was still very effective in reducing the size of my thighs. Areas such as the thighs and upper arms...