Skip to main content

Affordable Treatments in Korea to Keep Your Skin Moisturized

So technically, it's spring. It said so on the calendar - February 4th was the official start of spring. Of course, right now it feels like anything but. I can't survive a day in the office without my electric heater, nor can I leave the house without at least 3 layers on and a thick woolen scarf.

I should have been born somewhere closer to the equator. Like... Hong Kong. Or Singapore. :)

Anyway, combined with the yellow dust blowing in from China, Seoul is arid and contaminated. Even the trees are sick and dry, and need to rely on artificial watering via water pouches that look like IV drips. Imagine what the weather is doing to your skin!

Keeping your skin moisturized is crucial especially during the dry winter periods. Lotion makes a big difference; if I don't apply lotion on my legs after showering, they feel super dry, tight, flaky, and just plain gross. For the face especially, it's important to maintain moisture to prevent premature aging - I can't stress this enough. Even at my age (twenties) I can already feel the thin areas around my eyes beginning to lose elasticity. *Sob*

I've already written a post about the best moisturizing treatment available at skin clinics (ahem, click here), but to be honest it's a bit expensive for something that might not have such noticeable visual effects. So today I figured I would introduce two other treatments that are much more affordable - effects are not as long lasting as DermaShine but one session can still leave you feeling refreshed and hydrated.

1. Cryocell


Also known as cryo-eletrophoresis, Cryocell delivers vitamins and nutrients to frozen skin by using electric currents instead of needles. This treatment contracts the blood vessels to prevent them from absorbing the solution, making results longer lasting. Cryocell is most often combined with other laser treatments since it has cooling and soothing effects that help the skin recover more quickly. A recommended treatment for sensitive/inflammatory skin, as well as dry skin.

2. Velvet Mask Pack




Korea is well known for its cosmetics, especially sheet masks. Most girls I know visit Korea and stock up on these masks. Velvet pack is a gel type, made of a different material altogether. It's not the type readily available at local cosmetic shops. Super effective in retaining moisture and cooling, Velvet pack is a non-sticky sheet mask that adheres well to the skin and can have additional whitening effects.

Website: www.rnmeskin.net
Phone number: +82-2-588-7525
Email: renewmeview@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rnmeskin (please 'like' us for updates!)
Line: skin0075
Kakao Talk: renewmeskin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiesse, Fill in the Essentials for Your Skin

What is Radiesse?

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy Available in Korea - Renewme Skin Clinic

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy is available in all Korean branches at Renewme Skin Clinic! IBEX Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber which reach to 2.0 pressure is available at all branches. We have branches near Myeongdong(Dongdaemun branch), Gangman(Seocho branch), and Jamsil branch in Seoul and Seomyeon branch in Busan. HBOT is available for both patients who get treatment for skin and patients who just want to get HBOT. How does HBOT work? Who are the best candiated for HBOT? We especially recommend Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment to people who..  people who are recovering from surgery - HBOT is very effective to decrease the swelling caused by surgery and help faster recovery people who want faster recovery from skin clinic procedure that has long downtime people who want anti-aging effect Is HBOT covered by insurance in Korea? Some diseases are covered by insurance, some are not covered by insurance. To check the exact information, we recommend to check with the insurance company. These are the...

Mini-Liposuction Blog Post by Dr. Ko Na Young

Here is a blog post written by Hwagok branch head dermatologist Dr. Ko Na Young. The original post, written in Korean, can be read by clicking here . Ever since I was young, I was always concerned about the extra fat in my thighs. My calves were not so bad after I started to work out in my twenties. My thighs, on the other hand, would not budge no matter how hard I exercised. All of the clothes I bought had to fit my thighs more than any other area, and I couldn't wear pencil skirts because they would feel so uncomfortably tight, so I had to stick to flared skirts. Then, about 5-6 years ago, I extracted some fat from my thighs for a fat grafting procedure. Since then I have seen some size reduction that has been maintained until now. I didn't remove a tremendous amount of fat like traditional liposuction (over 2000 cc) - it was just about 150-200 cc from both thighs, but it was still very effective in reducing the size of my thighs. Areas such as the thighs and upper arms...