Skip to main content

Flat Wart Removal Session with CO2 Laser in Seoul Korea

I'd written about flat warts before, warning people about how it's contagious and can spread all over the body if you don't treat them in time. I'd written about how you might be able to mistake it for acne, and not think much of it, but you should actually remove them as soon as they are discovered. But all the while I hadn't realized that I was the one who needed treatment! An experienced manager and consultant at Renewme Skin Clinic was speaking to me one day, about something completely unrelated, when she suddenly peered into my face and exclaimed I had a lot of flat warts and should treat them right away. Ironic, isn't it, how I was so busy warning other people I neglected to take care of my own skin!

Well, perks of working for a dermatology clinic means treatment is easily accessible. So I took the opportunity after work for a complete flat wart removal session. The doctor was kind enough to remove my moles as well, while he was at it. :P

So the first thing the doctor does when you go in: he takes a red pen and marks all the individual warts/moles to remove. I was quite surprised to learn that the warts had spread down my neck and all across my chest before I was even aware of it. Like many other patients, I had thought it was simple acne, but it turns out that wasn't the case.

Look at all those red marks!
Afterwards, numbing cream is applied to the red indicators, after which you need to wait for about 20-30 minutes.
I thought there were warts on my forehead as well, but no, those are actually acne. It's funny, I always knew that my skin was anything but clear and perfect, but the warts that the doctor indicated were barely visible to me. I mean... exactly how much do I have going on, on my face? At a cursory glance my skin might look fine - indeed, I've had a lot of patients tell me I have good skin, which obviously is not true. One close examination and you can tell that I'd need a fortune to clear up my face.


The treatment itself was not as bad as I had anticipated. The hose hovering over my face is a vacuum to suck in the smoke that can arise from the laser - since CO2 works by vaporizing the skin surface. I could actually smell my skin burning... it was the same smell you get when you kill mosquitoes with an electric fly-swatter. It's a satisfying smell when it means the death of an annoying blood-sucking mosquito, but not so much, I learned, when the smell is coming from yourself.

The areas that had been prior treated with numbing cream were pretty much painless. I barely felt a prickling sensation. The tiny problem was when the doctor, when examining my face under a strong light and big magnifying glass, noticed a few more that he'd missed with his marker. "It's best to remove everything when you have the chance," he told me. Otherwise they just come right back and spread again. So I had no choice but to go through a few removals without any numbing cream. Those ones were painful, not going to lie. "Bear with me for three seconds," he would say in advance. And for three seconds, it would feel like a very fine needle was tearing across my skin. There weren't too many of those, thankfully, and the whole procedure was finished in about 10 minutes.

The treatment area was reddish immediately after, but when I got home I saw that the crusts had already formed. The photos I prepared are of my neck because the crusts can be seen much more clearly.


To be honest, they did not look too bad. I just looked like I had a bad breakout and as for the neck area, I could always cover that up with my clothes.



After a few days the crusts had turned completely black. They look a lot worse because I took a closeup, but you probably wouldn't have noticed unless you looked closely because they were so small. I stopped thinking about them altogether, and in about a week the crusts fell off and my skin had completely healed!


The procedure itself is quite simple and straightforward. The important thing is to prevent more warts from spreading across the body and to other people, by receiving laser treatment right away! If you have the time, definitely get your skin checked out by an experienced dermatologist.

Website: www.rnmeskin.net
Phone number: +82-2-588-7525
Email: renewmeview@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rnmeskin (please 'like' us for updates!)
Line: skin0075
Kakao Talk: renewmeskin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Skin Tips for Contact Dermatitis Patients

Face wash: twice a day lightly with water only (or Dove soap) Moisturizing: Stop using all prior products and use one moisturizer only. Recommended products : Renewme Intensive Moisturizing Cream, Eucerin Aquaphorin Active Light, Bioderma Sensibio, Avene Tolerance Extreme Creme, La Roche Posay Toleriane, DermaLift Milderm, Physiogel Cream, Cetaphil Cream, Cetaphil AD Lotion, Mustela Stelatopia Cream, Rovectin Anti-Irritant Barrier Repair Ultra Cream) Sunscreen: Renewme Oil-Free Sun Cream, Skinceuticals (Physical Fusion UV Defense, Sheer Physical UV Defense), Johnson's Baby (Daily Sun Protection Lotion), Bioderma (Photoderm Kid), Avene (Tres Haut Protection Enfant), Bioderma (AKN Mat), Avene (Cleanance SPF30), TheraDerm  (Orga Sunblock) Base Makeup: Avoid wearing makeup, or just use a light makeup base and powder. Recommended products : Kryolan Blending Powder, Innisfree Mineral Creamy Pact, Mamonde Pact, Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Pact Makeup to avoid: Foundation

Entry procedures for Incoming Travelers Fully vaccinated (Korea)

  Entry procedures for Incoming Travelers Fully vaccinated in Korea Entry Procedure Quarantine Counter  Vaccination Verification (submit) * Receive the confirmation stickers on the passport after presenting vaccination verification documents or an electronic certificate to a quarantine officer) ↓ PCR Negative Result (submit) ↓ APP Installation Booth (Install Self-Quarantine APP) ↓ Immigration Counter * Qurantine notice issuance  (get immigration record checked and obtain a confirmation stamp) <Public health center or Temporary living facility > Vaccination verification  Local government Check quarantine notice Test  Within 1 day at a public health center Quarantine  (Granted quarantine exemption after a negative test result confirmed) self monitor for symptoms Test  (6-7 days / 12-13 days)

2021 Welcome Event for incoming travelers in Korea!

2021 Welcome EVENT  for incoming Travelers in Korea!   1. Face Lifting & Tightening Thermage FLX 4TH  (Doublo gold HIFU lifting 100 shots FREE!) 2. V line face slimmer! Inmode + Contouring Inejction + Glove lifting + Doublo gold 200 shots  3. Acne scar & Marks - DNA dermal rejvenation package  (secret RF + DNA + Fractional laser) - V beam Prima (Acne marks) for full face 4. Skin whitening - Ruby Pico laser ( full face) 5. Face elasticity & wrinkle thread lifting (Blue rose & Silouette soft lifting) Please contact us if you are interested in making an appointment Don't miss the chance for your skin! :)  ​   please feel free to contact us at the following: Kakotalk: renewmeskin LINE ID : skin0075 WeChat : renewmeskin Email: Renewmeview@gmail.com