Skip to main content

Korean Skin Care Routine - Worth It Or Not?

If you have any interest in skin care in Korea (which is highly likely as you are reading this blog), you may know that Koreans are famous for their multi-step skin care routines to maintain flawless glowing skin. I can confirm this from personal experience; when I've told other Korean ladies once that all I use is toner and lotion, and sometimes don't even bother with the toner, the general reaction I got was: "You should take better care of your skin, or else it'll age faster! At least use a good moisturizing cream!" Most girls I know use an average of 4-5 products daily. And a glance at the number of products used in one sitting can be overwhelming if you're not used to it. Serum? Essence? Emulsion? Ampoule? Night cream? What the heck? What are all these weird sounding names?

Before you go rushing off to buy any or all of these, first consider what the differences might be. Basic skin care product consists of cream or lotion that includes moisturizing agents. They can be called many things: moisturizer, lotion, cream, emulsion, etc. but in the end they are all just different versions of the same thing, varying in proportions and maybe a few ingredients here and there. The same moisturizing agent can also be available in varying forms, turning out to be stickier, like an ointment, a bit more solid like a cream, or watery like lotion or toner. For those looking to spend on something new and different, that's where the pricier essences and serums come in.

So should you avoid using so many products? Not really. If you find that different products and more steps to your skin care routine work well for you and bring results, then by all means stick with it. The only catch is that it may be difficult to determine precisely which product has which effects. Otherwise, just do what makes you feel great.

The other question is, is it okay not to use so many products in my routine, then? To which I answer yes. It's okay to just use toner and a simple moisturizer, if you find that your skin is perfectly fine with it. As long as whatever product you're using does a good job of keeping your skin hydrated, there is no need to unnecessarily add more stages to your daily regimen. 

Phone number: +82-2-588-7525
Email: renewmeview@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rnmeskin
Line: skin0075
Kakao Talk: renewmeskin
​WeChat: ​rnmeskin
WhatsApp: +82-10-9204-0075

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiesse, Fill in the Essentials for Your Skin

What is Radiesse?

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy Available in Korea - Renewme Skin Clinic

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy is available in all Korean branches at Renewme Skin Clinic! IBEX Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber which reach to 2.0 pressure is available at all branches. We have branches near Myeongdong(Dongdaemun branch), Gangman(Seocho branch), and Jamsil branch in Seoul and Seomyeon branch in Busan. HBOT is available for both patients who get treatment for skin and patients who just want to get HBOT. How does HBOT work? Who are the best candiated for HBOT? We especially recommend Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment to people who..  people who are recovering from surgery - HBOT is very effective to decrease the swelling caused by surgery and help faster recovery people who want faster recovery from skin clinic procedure that has long downtime people who want anti-aging effect Is HBOT covered by insurance in Korea? Some diseases are covered by insurance, some are not covered by insurance. To check the exact information, we recommend to check with the insurance company. These are the...

Mini-Liposuction Blog Post by Dr. Ko Na Young

Here is a blog post written by Hwagok branch head dermatologist Dr. Ko Na Young. The original post, written in Korean, can be read by clicking here . Ever since I was young, I was always concerned about the extra fat in my thighs. My calves were not so bad after I started to work out in my twenties. My thighs, on the other hand, would not budge no matter how hard I exercised. All of the clothes I bought had to fit my thighs more than any other area, and I couldn't wear pencil skirts because they would feel so uncomfortably tight, so I had to stick to flared skirts. Then, about 5-6 years ago, I extracted some fat from my thighs for a fat grafting procedure. Since then I have seen some size reduction that has been maintained until now. I didn't remove a tremendous amount of fat like traditional liposuction (over 2000 cc) - it was just about 150-200 cc from both thighs, but it was still very effective in reducing the size of my thighs. Areas such as the thighs and upper arms...