Skip to main content

Seriously Good Pie in Seoul - Crispy Pie

I love pie.

I haven't had enough of it during my lifetime to call myself a connoisseur or anything, but there is something so cozy and heartwarming about pie that makes me love it so much. Aside from the fact that it tastes like heaven. I even love pies that I have never tasted before. When I was watching the movie "The Help," I was craving Minny Jackson's chocolate pie so badly I googled images of it just to imagine the taste and texture of it.

Buying pie in Korea can actually get a bit difficult, because Koreans are not particularly big on pie. It's not available in your local supermarket, and cafes or bakeries usually sell tiny little hand-held pies that are different from the real thing. And oh gosh, now that we're on the topic of pie, I'd once been searching everywhere to get some pumpkin pie because I just wanted it so badly one day. I couldn't find a place that sold pumpkin pie in Korea - I was even prepared to pay good money for it, but they didn't have exactly what I was looking for. Luckily, I found some at Costco and bought their mega-huge pumpkin pie, and finished it in about 2 days. So if you're looking for pumpkin pie in Korea, people, Costco is the place to go. The crust is old and stale and horrible but the filling is still wonderful! :D

Anyway, you can imagine how excited I was to find that a new pie shop just opened across the street from my office, close to Renewme Skin Clinic Seocho branch. Straight down the street from Nambu Terminal Station exit 5 (subway line 3). I'm already a dessert fanatic, but this place just called out to me and I paid a visit as soon as I learned it was up and running.


At first glance, the place looks very... sophisticated, I should say. Like some shop in New York or Europe or some place fancy and western.



The shop has tables inside and out, so on a nice day (perhaps after winter has passed) you can sit outside and enjoy the warm weather why indulging in some pie and a coffee.



This is their menu - very simple and straightforward. The first two panels are full of different pies, and the third one has 4 drinks: coffee (hot/cold), cafe latte (hot/cold), herb tea, and fruit tea. You can see that the emphasis is placed on the pie more than anything else. Pies are categorized into pies, tarts, and ice pies (pies that need to stay frozen).




These are some of the pies that are on display. Everything looks so darn good, and my colleague and I had the most difficult time deciding on what to try first.

In the end, my colleague chose the cheese tart, and I chose the lemon tart (ice pie).


The lemon tart was brought out from the freezer once we ordered it, since ice pies can't be on display. So... yellow, and beautiful, don't you think?



We ordered our slices of pie to go, after which they were packaged for us in a pretty little paper box. I'm sure you can guess which one is cheese and which one is lemon. :D



Everything here is handmade from scratch. The lady here is rolling the dough to make the crust. She apologized because there weren't too many pies available that day, but the store had just opened so that was obviously inevitable! The kitchen is completely open, too, so I can see the whole baking process for myself and trust that the pies here are clean and reliable.



So we brought the pie back to our office. I had to use chopsticks to eat mine because they were the only utensils I have (so Asian of me, I know). I got frustrated after a bit and just ate it with my hands, which was equally good anyway. Devoured the whole thing in about 3 minutes.

My colleague actually visited the place again that evening, with another friend. I've been told that the strawberry tart was simply divine! That, and some other pies to-go: engadiner, green grape, cheese.




My goal for now is to try every single pie in that shop, one a day. I can't wait to find which one tastes best! I decided on first glance that I would become a regular customer here. PIE FTW!!!

Website: www.rnmeskin.net
Phone number: +82-2-588-7525
Email: renewmeview@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rnmeskin (please 'like' us for updates!)
Line: skin0075
Kakao Talk: renewmeskin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiesse, Fill in the Essentials for Your Skin

What is Radiesse?

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy Available in Korea - Renewme Skin Clinic

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy is available in all Korean branches at Renewme Skin Clinic! IBEX Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber which reach to 2.0 pressure is available at all branches. We have branches near Myeongdong(Dongdaemun branch), Gangman(Seocho branch), and Jamsil branch in Seoul and Seomyeon branch in Busan. HBOT is available for both patients who get treatment for skin and patients who just want to get HBOT. How does HBOT work? Who are the best candiated for HBOT? We especially recommend Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment to people who..  people who are recovering from surgery - HBOT is very effective to decrease the swelling caused by surgery and help faster recovery people who want faster recovery from skin clinic procedure that has long downtime people who want anti-aging effect Is HBOT covered by insurance in Korea? Some diseases are covered by insurance, some are not covered by insurance. To check the exact information, we recommend to check with the insurance company. These are the...

Mini-Liposuction Blog Post by Dr. Ko Na Young

Here is a blog post written by Hwagok branch head dermatologist Dr. Ko Na Young. The original post, written in Korean, can be read by clicking here . Ever since I was young, I was always concerned about the extra fat in my thighs. My calves were not so bad after I started to work out in my twenties. My thighs, on the other hand, would not budge no matter how hard I exercised. All of the clothes I bought had to fit my thighs more than any other area, and I couldn't wear pencil skirts because they would feel so uncomfortably tight, so I had to stick to flared skirts. Then, about 5-6 years ago, I extracted some fat from my thighs for a fat grafting procedure. Since then I have seen some size reduction that has been maintained until now. I didn't remove a tremendous amount of fat like traditional liposuction (over 2000 cc) - it was just about 150-200 cc from both thighs, but it was still very effective in reducing the size of my thighs. Areas such as the thighs and upper arms...