Skip to main content

High Quality Naengmyun (Cold Noodles) In Gangnam, Seoul

Let's jump right into it! There's a restaurant just 3 minutes from Nambu Bus Terminal Station (Renewme Skin Clinic Seocho Branch) called "Naju Gomtang." Naju is the name of a city famous for gomtang, a type of Korean soup with chunks of beef and a hearty, rich broth. So naturally, you can guess the main dish served at this restaurant. Other than traditional gomtang, however, the place also serves various dishes that require a delicious beef broth, such as dumpling soup. A limited-time menu is naengmyeon (cold noodles), which is only available in the summer. We pounced on it as soon as it was available!

Walk straight down from Nambu Terminal Station exit 6 until you see this sign!

By 12 o'clock noon, the typical lunchtime for most office workers around the area, this place was completely packed. Luckily, I arrived 15 minutes early to save a spot for myself and my coworkers.



Kimchi, to many Koreans, is the most important side dish to any meal. You can have a whole feast in front of you, and it won't be complete without some good kimchi. This place has two types of kimchi, available in small pots. Separate side dish plates are provided so you can control your portions.

And now for the main dishes, mulnaengmyeon (naengmyeon with watery broth) and bibimnaengmyeon (mixed - no broth, just sauce)! Cost: 7,000 won per bowl.



If I may make a very important point; there are plenty of naengmyeon restaurants in Korea. It's quite a popular dish. However, there are not many that make good quality naengmyeon. Many places (usually the cheaper) use ready-made broth that has more artificial seasonings than flavor from actual beef. It's savory and addicting, and to be honest, I prefer the cheap type. :P However, this naengmyeon uses real broth and you can taste the quality with each noodle, or spoonful of broth. It's cool and refreshing, and doesn't leave a weird sweet sensation in your mouth after (as it does with the low quality broths). I would suggest you come here to taste the real deal!

And as a side dish, we ordered some steamed dumplings, which are also quite popular at this restaurant.


Now, I'm a sucker for dumplings. Give me any steamed dumpling (preferably buns) and I'll devour it like there was no tomorrow. However, these ones were exceptionally good. I really can't explain it, you just need to try it for yourself! It's the perfect dish to accompany your noodles; a combination of hot and cold. 

Website: www.rnmeskin.net
Phone number: +82-2-588-7525
Email: renewmeview@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rnmeskin (please 'like' us for updates!)
Line: skin0075
Kakao Talk: renewmeskin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiesse, Fill in the Essentials for Your Skin

What is Radiesse?

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy Available in Korea - Renewme Skin Clinic

Hyperbaric Oxygen Theraphy is available in all Korean branches at Renewme Skin Clinic! IBEX Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber which reach to 2.0 pressure is available at all branches. We have branches near Myeongdong(Dongdaemun branch), Gangman(Seocho branch), and Jamsil branch in Seoul and Seomyeon branch in Busan. HBOT is available for both patients who get treatment for skin and patients who just want to get HBOT. How does HBOT work? Who are the best candiated for HBOT? We especially recommend Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment to people who..  people who are recovering from surgery - HBOT is very effective to decrease the swelling caused by surgery and help faster recovery people who want faster recovery from skin clinic procedure that has long downtime people who want anti-aging effect Is HBOT covered by insurance in Korea? Some diseases are covered by insurance, some are not covered by insurance. To check the exact information, we recommend to check with the insurance company. These are the...

Mini-Liposuction Blog Post by Dr. Ko Na Young

Here is a blog post written by Hwagok branch head dermatologist Dr. Ko Na Young. The original post, written in Korean, can be read by clicking here . Ever since I was young, I was always concerned about the extra fat in my thighs. My calves were not so bad after I started to work out in my twenties. My thighs, on the other hand, would not budge no matter how hard I exercised. All of the clothes I bought had to fit my thighs more than any other area, and I couldn't wear pencil skirts because they would feel so uncomfortably tight, so I had to stick to flared skirts. Then, about 5-6 years ago, I extracted some fat from my thighs for a fat grafting procedure. Since then I have seen some size reduction that has been maintained until now. I didn't remove a tremendous amount of fat like traditional liposuction (over 2000 cc) - it was just about 150-200 cc from both thighs, but it was still very effective in reducing the size of my thighs. Areas such as the thighs and upper arms...